|IMPORTANT INFORMATION RE PREP ENROLMENT APPLICATIONS
Please note that enrolment applications for Prep will ONLY be accepted from 1st March of the year immediately before the child is due to commence Prep. This makes allowance for any changes to our Enrolment Policy and Application for Enrolment Forms in the meantime. As an example, if your child is due to start Prep in 2019 then you can make application for enrolment in March 2018. Applications received prior to this date will not be considered.
Application for Enrolment Online
Thank you for your interest in enrolling your child at St. Thomas’. Use the link below to begin your child's online application for enrolment.
You will need to click on the link; enter and review the required details; complete and then submit the form with attachments.
If applying for enrolment for more than 1 student, when the form is completed an option will be available to submit another enrolment for each additional child.
Please contact us directly on 3398 6633, should you experience any difficulty completing the online application for enrolment.
A copy of the print version of the Application for Enrolment Kit is also available via the school office.
To lodge an application for your child, please remember to send:
- Fully completed Application for Enrolment form (see above)
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate
- Photocopy of Baptismal Certificate
- Photocopy of Immunisation Certificate
- Photocopy of most recent school report (for Years 1 to 6)
After lodging an Enrolment Application, parents and caregivers will be invited to attend an enrolment interview. It is important that the child or children who are being enrolled attend this interview also.
When applying for a Prep position at St Thomas’, please consider the following:
- Eligible children must turn 5 by 30 June in the year they start Prep or at the end of July (with support documentation).
- Interviews for Prep are conducted by the Principal in April/May of the year prior to the commencing of Prep
- Offers for positions are sent out by June. A Confirmation of Enrolment form is sent with a request for payment of $100 per child to confirm enrolment. This payment is non-refundable.
- A Prep information evening is conducted in Term 4 followed a few weeks later by a Prep orientation morning for the Prep children to attend..
- Other year level enrolments occur across the year, as well as an intake at the beginning of each new school year. These positions are offered if vacancies become available through students leaving.
- A similar process occurs with interviews and offers of places if available.
- All new enrolments are supplied with booklist information and uniform requirements.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES ENROLMENT
Our parish whilst defined by geographic boundaries extends to include those families who regularly worship as a part of St Thomas’ parish community.
Enrolment priority will be given as follows:
- Siblings of children enrolled in the school whose families are participants in St Thomas’ parish community;
- Baptised Catholic children whose families are participants in St Thomas’ parish community;
- Baptised Catholic children residing within the parish boundaries;
- Baptised Catholic children residing outside of the parish boundaries; and
- Non-Catholic families seeking a faith based education for their children.
Catholic children with special needs, who are residents in St Thomas’ Parish, will be enrolled according to the community’s ability to finance a quality education for them and in accordance with Archdiocesan Enrolment Procedures for students with special needs. The school’s enrolment policy will endeavour to meet the Archdiocesan requirement of not more than ten percent non-Catholic children being enrolled in the school.
If the application is accepted it is understood that parents comply with the spirit of the school Mission Statement and agree to pay such fees and mandatory levies as set by the school.