Forms & Downloads
Flexischools Online Ordering
How to Order Online
Traffic & Car Park Safety
Parents & Friends Assoc.
Fete Sponsors 2016
Brisbane Catholic Education
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW
12th to 16th June
13th to 19th June
Last day of Term 2
St Martin's Soccer Tournament
Welcome to our website...
St. Thomas’ is an inner-city school on the east side of Brisbane. As one of 136 affiliated systemic schools in the Archdiocese, our emphasis is education for the whole child in the Catholic Christian tradition. This means that we value the uniqueness of each person and strive to provide opportunities for their development throughout their individual learning journeys – spiritually, emotionally, socially, psychologically, academically, physically and culturally.
Our school, which commenced in 1929, is an integral part of St. Thomas’ Catholic Parish. Since separating from East Coorparoo in 1927, this parish has been served by the Missionary of the Sacred Heart Priests. The school was started by the Good Samaritan Sisters, who remained teaching here until 2004. In living out our faith justly and with compassion for others, St. Thomas’ continues to reflect the charisms of both of these Orders.
While passersby would notice that St. Thomas’ is a visually appealing and well resourced school, with attractive buildings and grounds, our most notable characteristic is our community. St. Thomas’ is renowned for being friendly, vibrant and welcoming; with supportive and involved parents/caregivers and a commitment to providing a safe, engaging and enjoyable learning environment.
Thank you for visiting our website. We trust that in learning more about our community you will recognise, as we do, why St. Thomas’ is “a heart for mind and spirit”.
WELLNESS WEEK June 12th to June 16th
St Thomas will be having a Wellness week June 12th-16th. We will be promoting health and wellness for the mind and body for students, parents and staff. Some of the events scheduled include:
- Life Education Van: The Life Education Van will be at school for the week with all classes having lessons to promote health and well-being. A parent information session will be held Tuesday, June 13th from 2-2:45 in the Life Education Van.
- Grateful wall: We are encouraging staff, students and parents to write down something they are grateful for and tie a ribbon to the fence by the tennis court throughout the week.
- Monday, June 12th: Meditation in church led by year 6; Students will watch the movie ‘Sing’. The theme of perseverance and not giving up will be discussed with students. This movie is rated PG. Please let your child’s teacher know if you have any concerns with this.
- Tuesday, June 13th: Coffee van and muffins: A coffee van will be at school on Tuesday, June 13th before school. We will also be having a music and skipping before school for students.
- Wednesday, June 14th: Music and skipping before school.
- Wellness in the Classroom: Lessons and activities will be occurring in the classroom daily around health, wellbeing and developing personal and social capabilities of students.
I was very proud of our cross-country team in the Zone 2 competition last Thursday. All of our runners performed strongly over their distance. Our training helped set us up for a strong performance. I have been very impressed with the commitment that our team has shown to their training, where we have concentrated on endurance, speed and strength to run up hills. Most runners challenged themselves each session to run as consistently as possible and at a higher level of intensity each session. Well done team!
Whilst all runners contributed to our excellent results, there were some extra noteworthy runners. Our 10 Year boys all ran particularly well in their age group, backed up their 2 km run in 10 years with another 2 km run in 12 years. A number of the boys actually improved their position in the older age group. These boys helped our school to amass a number of points for the day. There were other very noteworthy results, and these are included in our latest newsletter. Many of our athletes made it into the top 20. All runners scored the points that we needed to take out First in the percentage points contest and third overall in Division 2. This is a huge achievement for the whole team, runners and reserves.